AWARD WINNING COMPANY
Digital business transformation is creating new opportunities and risks in every industry. VMware helps IT become Brave New IT with our One Cloud, Any Application, Any Device architecture. By unifying private, managed and public clouds into one hybrid cloud, our customers accelerate innovation, engage customers with new mobile-cloud applications, and govern risk.
VMWare provides cloud and virtualization software and services, and claims to be the first to successfully virtualize the x86 architecture commercially.
VMware developed a range of products, most notable of which are their hypervisors. VMware became well known for their first type 2 hypervisor known as GSX. This product has since evolved into two hypervisor products lines, VMware’s type 1 hypervisors running directly on hardware, along with their hosted type 2 hypervisors.
VMware software provides a completely virtualized set of hardware to the guest operating system. VMware software virtualizes the hardware for a video adapter, a network adapter, and hard disk adapters. The host provides pass-through drivers for guest USB, serial, and parallel devices. In this way, VMware virtual machines become highly portable between computers, because every host looks nearly identical to the guest. In practice, a system administrator can pause operations on a virtual machine guest, move or copy that guest to another physical computer, and there resume execution exactly at the point of suspension. Alternatively, for enterprise servers, a feature called vMotion allows the migration of operational guest virtual machines between similar but separate hardware hosts sharing the same storage (or, with vMotion Storage, separate storage can be used, too). Each of these transitions is completely transparent to any users on the virtual machine at the time it is being migrated.
Virtualization is at the heart of VMware’s “one cloud, any application, any device” architecture. It’s the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility – not just for large enterprises, but for small and midsize businesses too.
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is a proven software technology that makes it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server at the same time. It’s transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people utilize technology.
Benefits of Virtualization
Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that’s simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
- Reduce capital and operating costs.
- Deliver high application availability.
- Minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Increase IT productivity, efficiency, agility and responsiveness.
- Speed and simplify application and resource provisioning.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Enable centralized management.
- Build a true Software-Defined Data Center.
VMware’s industry-leading platform supports all levels of virtualization, from desktop and server virtualization to a full-fledged Software-Defined Data Center.
Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure Products
Use server virtualization and consolidation to transform your data center into a flexible cloud infrastructure with the performance and reliability to run the most demanding applications.
Building a Data Center via Virtualization
Begin your cloud journey with server virtualization. Then, at your own pace, evolve toward a fully virtualized software-defined data center architecture: virtualize networking, storage and security to create virtual data centers. Simplify the provisioning of IT resources and applications, and make them available for consumption in minutes. Complete your private cloud by automating management for optimum performance, capacity utilization and compliance.
Data Center Virtualization Products
- vCloud Suite
- Build an agile, efficient cloud infrastructure that integrates software-defined services, policy-based self-service provisioning and automated management.
- Consolidate servers, improve availability, enhance performance and optimize capacity with the world’s leading virtualization platform
- vSphere with Operations Management
- Provide uncompromised control over all IT resources with the world’s leading virtualization platform, which offers insight into IT capacity and performance.
- Deliver the operational model of a virtual machine for the network to transform data center operations and economics.
- Virtual SAN
- Cluster server disks to create radically simple shared storage for virtual machines, enabling a resilient, high-performance scale-out architecture that reduces TCO as much as 50 percent.
- EVO: RAIL
- Create VMware compute, networking, and storage resources in this hyper-converged infrastructure appliance, an all-in-one solution offered by qualified partners.
- Site Recovery Manager
- Protect your applications with disaster recovery software that provides simple management, nondisruptive testing and fully automated site recovery.
Desktop and Application Virtualization
VMware Horizon extends the power of desktop and application virtualization, allowing IT to deliver and protect all of the Windows resources end users want, at the speed they expect, with the efficiency business demands.
Move to the Mobile Cloud
Gone are the days of client/server computing where Windows ruled the day and end users were tasked to do their work from one device and one location. Today, end users are leveraging new types of devices for work, accessing Windows applications alongside non-Windows-based applications and are more mobile than ever.
In this new mobile cloud era, managing and delivering services to end users with traditional PC-centric tools has become time consuming and costly. VMware desktop and application virtualization solutions provide IT with a new streamlined approach to deliver, protect, and manage Windows desktops and applications while containing costs and ensuring end users can work anytime, anywhere across any device.
Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Horizon 6
- Securely deliver virtualized desktops or just applications to end users across devices and locations through a single platform.
- Horizon Air Desktops and Apps
- Get Windows desktops and apps delivered as a cloud service (DaaS) to any device, anywhere, with predictable costs.
- Horizon Air Desktop DR
- Easily protect your business and ensure workforce continuity with affordable cloud-hosted desktops and apps.
- Horizon FLEX
- Give employees and contractors virtual desktops on Macs or PCs that they can use without a network connection with central control and strong security.
- App Volumes
- Deliver applications to desktop environments in seconds. With the click of a button, IT can provision applications to users and desktops at scale.
- User Environment Manager
- VMware User Environment Manager offers enterprise-grade user management for a personalized end-user experience across devices and locations.
- Simplify physical desktop management by running PCs as a set of logical layers owned by either IT or the end user.
- Thin App
- Isolate applications from their underlying operating systems to eliminate application conflict and streamline delivery and management.
- vRealize Operations for Horizon
- Optimize your end-user computing environment with end-to-end visibility into the health, performance and efficiency of virtual desktop and application environments.
Personal Desktop Products
- Run your favorite Windows applications alongside Mac applications without rebooting.
- Fusion Pro
- Get state of the art Mac virtualization for advanced users, leading edge features for developers, and Windows compatibility for Macs in businesses.
- Workstation Pro
- Take PC virtualization to the next level and run a web or cloud environment on your PC, with access to vSphere and vCloud Air.
- Workstation Player
- Get the streamlined desktop virtualization solution to deliver a managed desktop to all of your employees, partners or customers.
Virtualizing Business Critical Applications
Get More from your Software-Defined Data Center with Business Critical Application Virtualization
Virtualizing critical applications on vSphere improves their health and administration.
- Get maximum use of hardware resources without compromising application performance.
- Make your applications more mobile and easily migrated to any server in the environment, without downtime in many cases, by decoupling the application and operating system from the server hardware.
- Add an additional layer of baseline availability that compliments most internal application or operating system availability functions.
Add the vCloud Suite to Monitor, Automate, and Protect Your Business Critical Applications
In addition to the benefits provided by the standard functions within vSphere, VMware management products can add significant value and help you achieve more benefits of the software-defined data center.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager monitors the health and performance of your business critical applications running on vSphere, using self-learning Performance Analytics. Dashboards can be customized to provide information about application health and efficiency. Pro-active smart alerts related to the health of your environment allow you to quickly identify and remediate potential issues, before they impact your applications.
- VMware vRealize Automation along with vRealize Orchestrator can automate your private and hybrid cloud solutions, allowing for provisioning, migration, configuration and orchestration of your business critical application deployments. These automated solutions can be executed at the touch of a button or incorporated into a larger organizational workflow.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager simplifies, automates, and self-documents the complex disaster recovery processes needed to recover business critical applications. Site Recovery Manager can complement existing application-specific HA and DR solutions giving you holistic control of all recovery processes from a single tool.
All Cloud Computing Platforms are Not Equal
Cloud computing offers undisputed benefits in terms of agility and cost-effectiveness. But cloud computing platforms are not commodities, with one easily substituted for another. Chances are that some of your workloads can only run on-premises and some can only run in specific proprietary clouds. Once you move a workload to a proprietary cloud, it typically requires rewriting and/or reconfigurations to move back onsite.
Luckily you don’t need to re-architect for different public cloud infrastructures. VMware cloud computing services let you run both new and legacy applications in the cloud. You get the best of both worlds: leverage your existing investments while still gaining the agility and cost-effectiveness of a public cloud.
Cloud Technology for New and Legacy ApplicationsIf your existing infrastructure is built on VMware vSphere, used by more than 80% of businesses worldwide, you can take advantage of a true hybrid cloud solution and extend your data center to the cloud quickly, easily and confidently. Because VMware vCloud Air is built on vSphere, your onsite and offsite IT environments can be connected and integrated, running existing and new applications in exactly the same way. You can get the same performance, security and compliance as you do from your current VMware infrastructure with the same agility, automation and standardization available in the cloud.
Public, Private and Hybrid CloudsThe software-defined data center (SDDC) gives you the basis for building a private, public or hybrid cloud for delivering IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS). The SDDC architecture gives you a common management, orchestration, networking and security model across on-premises and off-premises environments.
- Build a vSphere-based private cloud on premises with vCloud Suite.
- Extend your vSphere-based data center to a public cloud with VMware vCloud Air or through our extensive ecosystem of vCloud Air Network service providers worldwide.
- Manage physical, virtual and hybrid cloud with a management solution built for heterogeneous, hybrid cloud with vRealize Suite.
Unified Management Platform
Policy-driven automation and management in a single unified management platform lets you centrally manage and monitor applications and workloads across heterogeneous infrastructure and hybrid clouds. vRealize Suite lets you increase business speed and agility while maintaining IT control and cost efficiency.
Public / Hybrid Cloud Computing
Extend Your Data Center to the Cloud
VMware vCloud Air and VMware vCloud Air Network Service Provider partners are delivering on the promise of hybrid cloud computing, enabling you to seamlessly and securely extend your data center and applications to the cloud. With cloud services built on the trusted foundation of VMware technology, you can provision new or move existing workloads between onsite data centers or internal private clouds to the public cloud, and back again as needed, creating a true hybrid cloud. VMware provides unprecedented flexibility and choice of cloud services on a local basis with vCloud Air and through the vCloud Air Network–the world’s largest network of validated cloud services based on VMware technology.
The Advantages of Hybrid Cloud
When you choose cloud services from VMware and our vCloud Air Network Service Providers partners, you don’t have to worry about application compatibility or service provider lock-in often associated with other commodity cloud services. You reduce both risks and costs without requiring additional management tools and infrastructure, reinventing your processes or retraining your existing workforce. The benefits of a VMware-based hybrid cloud platform include:
- The ability to write, deploy and manage applications in the cloud the same way you do today, relying on the underlying platform to provide the same level of security, reliability and performance you get from your current VMware infrastructure.
- Administration of the entire hybrid infrastructure—data centers and public cloud together—with a “single pane of glass” management framework. Use the same tools, processes and skills you already have.
- Quickly deploy workloads to the cloud with the flexibility to move them between your on-premises and off-premises environments as your requirements change.
- Global availability and choice of validated cloud services through VMware or our vCloud Air Network service provider ecosystem.
- Data sovereignty through local vCloud Air data centers and vCloud Air Network service providers in 102 countries.
VMware Hybrid Cloud Solutions
VMware vCloud Air
Run any workload, existing or new, with the VMware vCloud Air —a secure, dedicated cloud owned and operated by VMware. Built on the trusted foundation of VMware vSphere, the service delivers unified networking that spans between your existing and new data center capacity, common management and security, with the same reliability and performance you expect from your internal data center.
vCloud Air Network Service Providers
Choose from a broad selection of cloud services built on the industry-leading vSphere virtualization platform. These services are optimized for a variety of use cases, such as seasonal projects, development and testing, disaster recovery and mission-critical applications.
Private Cloud Computing
Build a Private Cloud
Leverage the software-defined data center architecture to build and run a vSphere-based private cloud. Deliver virtualized infrastructure services and highly available applications and services.
Beyond Server Virtualization
Server virtualization slashed CapEx and OpEx costs by more than more than 50%* while expanding business agility. Now you can virtualize the rest of the data center so that all IT services become as cheap and easy to provision and manage as virtual machines. The software-defined data center architecture extends abstraction, pooling and automation to the rest of your data center resources, including compute, network and storage. You can deploy your virtualized infrastructure on any cloud infrastructure and manage it across platforms.
Private Cloud Delivers Highly Available Apps and Services
Leveraging the software-defined data center architecture, a VMware-based private cloud provides the foundation for achieving highly available applications and services with a standardized and consolidated data center. A private cloud also enables secure and compliant IT, intelligent control of IT operations, rapid application provisioning and ongoing governance.
Improve Efficiency with a Private Cloud
Virtualizing servers is just the beginning. Policy-driven operations management in a private cloud reduces costs, both OpEx and CapEx.
- Server virtualization with vSphere delivers CapEx and OpEx savings of 40-60%*.
- Automated operations management responds to issues before service quality is impacted, increasing utilization and IT productivity.
- Capacity planning and optimization identifies idle and over-provisioned VMs so you can optimize virtual machine density, balancing cost and risk through capacity modeling.
Improve Business Agility through IT Agility
The agility of an organization is often tied to the agility of the IT infrastructure. On-demand deployment with automated resource allocation lets you respond rapidly to changing business demands, keeping business users productive and able to respond rapidly to changing business environments.
- Full abstraction of compute infrastructure lets you provision applications on any hardware stack and vSphere-based private (or public) clouds.
- Automated, policy-driven resource allocation matches resources to business objectives.
- Self-service portal and catalog with policy-based lifecycle management reduces provisioning time for infrastructure, platform and desktop-as-a-service.
Control Cost, Availability and Placement of Apps
Deliver the highest levels of availability with the private cloud’s automated business continuity and virtualization-aware security and compliance. vCloud Suite reduces downtime of tier 1 applications by 36%.
- Deliver business continuity through application-aware availability and automated fault tolerance.
- Protect against threats and configuration drift through virtualization-aware security and compliance.
- Move and scale workloads as needed by using a common management, orchestration, security and compliance model across vSphere-based private and public clouds.
- Solve IT problems faster with rapid detection and root-cause analysis through operational analytics.
Unified Management Platform
Provision and manage workloads in your private cloud, even to other hypervisors and to non-virtualized environments, with the vRealize Suite.
- Provision workloads to other hypervisors, including Microsoft HyperV and KVM.
- Choose from on-site or as-a-service solutions.
- Automate provisioning with policy-based lifecycle management capabilities.
vCloud Suite lets you build and run a vSphere-based private cloud. It includes:
- vSphere: Compute virtualization platform
- Site Recovery Manager: Automated disaster recovery
- vCloud Networking and Security: Networking and security for virtualized environments
- vRealize Automation: Self-service application catalog
- vRealize Operations: Performance, capacity and configuration management
- vCloud Director: Software-provisioning for software-defined data centers
Mobility Is Transforming Business
Business Mobility is the core of innovation. It gives organizations the power to be more competitive. Your business can work more effectively – and connect with customers in ways that once seemed impossible.
From the constant proliferation of mobile devices, to new mobile form factors, few trends will make as big an impact on business operations. VMware understands this. We’re helping our customers re-imagine their business processes and change how they compete in the market.
Empower Your Workforce
VMware Workspace Suite combines application, device and data management with centralized identity management and policy enforcement. As a result you can empower people to work anywhere, transform workflows and simplify IT management. Explore the following components of the Workspace Suite and how they can help mobilize your organization.
- VMware Horizon 6
- Provides access to virtualized and remote desktops and applications from a single platform.
- VMware Horizon Air
- Delivers cloud-hosted desktops and applications to any device, anywhere.
- VMware Horizon FLEX
- Gives BYOD users flexibility while helping ensure security, control and compliance of the corporate desktop.
- VMware AirWatch
- Offers a simplified, efficient way to view and manage all devices from one console.
- AirWatch Content Locker
- Provides complete enterprise file sync and share with content distribution.
- VMware Identity Manager
- Includes self-service app store, single sign-on and policy enforcement for any app on any device.
To know more about the product, you may contact our Account Executive:
+63 2 920-8476 • +63 2 920-8477
For other I.T. related inquiry, you may email us at: