Email Client Flexibility for End Users of MDaemon
End users who want to use Microsoft Outlook as their preferred email client can do so when Outlook Connector for MDaemon is deployed. Outlook Connector provides groupware and collaboration functionality by connecting the MDaemon email server with the Outlook client to use Outlook’s email, calendar with free/busy scheduling, address book, distribution lists, tasks, and notes.
- Outlook Collaboration
- Maintain Outlook Features
- Enterprise Class Collaboration for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Easy Maintenance
- Out-of-Office Assistant
- Apply Sharing Permissions
- Multilingual Support
- Advanced Settings
- Small Business Licensing and Pricing
Share Outlook messages, calendars, contacts, distribution lists, notes, tasks, and more using MDaemon as the mail server. Use the familiar tools of Outlook without learning a new groupware application. Calendar sharing is easy with Outlook Connector, with options ranging from view only to add, change, and delete appointments on others’ calendars.
Maintain Outlook Features
Outlook Connector works with popular Outlook features, including message grouping and search folders. Additions or changes made in Outlook are synchronized in real-time on the server without requiring the user to perform manual synchronization. It supports Outlook’s delivery confirmation and “Send Immediately” functions. Outlook Connector is easy to install and set up on both MDaemon and Outlook
Enterprise Class Collaboration for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
Large business collaboration features without complex and expensive professional IT support requirements. Simple to install, configure, and maintain without the need for extensive computer background or expensive certifications. Outlook Connector uses Industry standard SMTP and IMAP protocols to make operations reliable.
- Enable sharing by server or domain
- Add users individually or in bulk
- Automatically add Outlook users on first use
- Keep contact lists up to date
- The default settings of Outlook Connector create an easy entry point for beginners
- Detailed configuration options provide fine-tuning controls for experienced users and IT professionals
Outlook Connector’s Out-of-Office Assistant makes it easy to create and enable vacation messages or auto-responders. You can enter a start and end date to automatically enable and disable your auto-responder.
Apply Sharing Permissions
Options for sharing vary from only showing the availability of the information to allowing complete control to add, change and delete. When setting up sharing permissions, you can apply the permissions to the current folder and, optionally, all of its subfolders.
Outlook Connector is localized in multiple languages. When using system-level folders (such as Drafts, Calendar, and Contacts) Outlook Connector users see these folders names in their selected language, while Administrators of MDaemon see the names in English.
Outlook Connector’s advanced settings include SSL, TLS, and SMTP Authentication settings for secure email communications.
Outlook Connector includes an auto-update feature to check for new versions of Outlook Connector on the server while Outlook is running. Auto-update will download the new installer, and then prompt the user to to update once a day until the update has been installed.
Small Business Licensing and Pricing
Licensing and pricingdesigned for flexibility and affordability. Outlook Connector for MDaemon includes one year of Software License Renewal, providing free upgrades to the latest product versions for the duration of the Software License Renewal term.
These are the minimum recommended system requirements forOutlook Connector for MDaemon to run. This does not take into account running multiple programs simultaneously. To run several programs on the computer at the same time, that computer should exceed these recommendations.
- Client Requirements
- Server Requirements
- Additional Notes
- Supported Languages
Outlook Connector for MDaemon – Client Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 (32/64 bit), 2013 (32/64 bit), or 2016 (32/64 bit)
- CPU 500 MHz processor or higher
(CPU 2.4 GHz or higher recommended)
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- TCP/IP network protocol installed
- Disk space: 5MB of free space for the installation of the Outlook Connector client. For performance and compatibility reasons Outlook Connector maintains a local cache – additional disk space will be required for these cache files which will grow with time. Our recommendation is to budget on 300MB of free space per Outlook Connector enabled profile however this will vary depending on the size of the users MDaemon account.
- Internet or Intranet communication capabilities
- Microsoft Edge 1.0, Internet Explorer 6.0, FireFox 1.5, Opera 8.5, Safari 3.0 (or later)
Outlook Connector for MDaemon – Server Requirements
- MDaemon Pro 11.0 or higher
(MDaemon 14.0 or higher is recommended)
- The latest Service Pack needs to be installed for all versions of Microsoft Outlook for Outlook Connector to run.
- Current known issues with using Outlook Connector with Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013:
- Show as Conversations does not work
- Compact prompt is displayed on first Outlook launch
- “You must restart Outlook” prompt is displayed when creating an Outlook Connector profile
Outlook Connector for MDaemon – Supported Languages